Translate

torsdag 2. mai 2013

Your 10 kg Travel Bag for India

Traveling in India with hand luggage. Here I'm getting ready to leave Palolem Beach. The yoga mats I'm sending home before I leave Goa. I don't wanna be carrying that in the Kumbh Mela. 

I've been to India 6 times now, and I'm learning a lot on my way, also about packing. You don't really 
need a lot of stuff, especially if you're in for a beach holiday. Also if you are a blond girl traveling alone, you don't get any positive vibes from dressing up. In fact you should be dressing down. This is in deed to protect yourself for even more unwanted attension than you've already got. 

There are so many reasons to pack light. You save time at the airport, you have control over your things at all times, and you don't have to much to carry. If you are traveling around it's even more important to have a light bag. Usually I have a bike or a friend with a bike, and with my 10 kg hand luggage it's easy to get around. Also in overfilled trains and busses you got a huge benefit with your small bag. I also have to mention that people keep on loosing their bag in the planes, which is a huge factor to why I'm not checking in anymore. Usually you get your stuff back after a few weeks, but anyway.

So, you're thinking you need a lot of stuff. Remember in India it is a lot of poor people, and you don't wanna be flashing around all your stuff from your amazingly rich country. Be modest. It's normal in India to use the same clothes every dag. Your clothes you can handwash on your way, or get them washed by local people or hotels for a small amount.

And what about your yoga gear? Well, I buy my mats and yoga gear in India. I guess you also will be shopping a lot when you get there. Don't worry, now that you have your 10 kg hand luggage, you can buy a bag to fill with mats and yogapants and check it in when you go home. It's also possible to send things home while you are moving around. Usually I send things before I change places. I like to manage my own bag at all times, and when being a solo female traveler, it's good to get your bag as light as possible while moving.


WHAT YOU NEED IN YOUR BAG WHILE LEAVING YOUR COUNTRY
-solo female traveler-

Clothes: 5 underwear, 2 socks, 2 thights, 2 singlets, 2 loose pants/ali baba pants, 1 long dress, 1 long skirt, 1 scarf (over head or chest while needed), 2 shirts covering shoulders and albowes, 1 sarong (also to be used as towel, scarf and skirt), one blanket.

You will also be wearing when leaving home; underwear, socks, thights, big yogapants, singlet, shirt, hoodie, jacket with hoodie, shoes, 2 scarfs (to combine as needed). 

All this THINGS, is of course to be combined in every kind of way. I always wear stuff I can use in India in the airport. To travel light, you have to think like that. Scarfs are important. Always have a scarf with you. I also wear rudras, tulsi mala and silver ancklets while traveling. Both for my belives, and for indians to see I'm not new in the country. Whatever you do when arriving; do not look confused, they will imidiatly try to sell you something. 


Beauty: 1 toothbrush, 1 small conditoner, 1 mascara, 1 eyeliner, vaseline, tea tree stick.

Stuff: set of earplugs, bandage, phone, camera, tread and needle, probiotics.

Always bring some stuff to give away, like headsets, old phones, and loads of pens. Children are crazy for pens only like 20 km outside the touristarea.

Remember 1 small book with information, phone no, and notes, and more pens for yourself.


Now you are thinking you don't have enough stuff, well when arriving India you will buy; shampoo, toothpaste, sunscreen, 2 blankets, a new yogamat, beautiful clothes, also warm clothing is avalible for buying if you are going north. 

Don't forget your tickets and passport with visa! 

-have a nice trip-

1 kommentar: