Translate

lørdag 30. mars 2013

My Own Masala Chai Recipe

 
'Chai, chai, chaiiiiiiiiiii'. You know, in India on the trains, the boys comming screaming 'chai, chai, chai'. The train is overful, and still thery're comming to sell chai. Total caos. -and it's not like one time an hour, it's like all the time someone's screaming 'chaaai!'.
 
One thing I love about India, is to sit at some small chai place and drink 5 rupi chai. In this places you get the best chai! When I come home I always miss the chai so much, so after some time and advices, I make my own chai at home, which I think is pretty good. Messurement is kind of on feeling, and of course you have to adapt it according to your own taste. Masala, by the way, means seasoning/spice, and the masala mixes you can buy, is just mixed spices. Garam means hot.
 
Masala Chai
Boil water with black tea, hole cinnamon, black cardemoms, pinch black pepper, pinch garam masala, and a hole lot of fresh ginger that u smash with a hammer or a stone or something. Make it all boil for like 15 minutes or more. The longer time you take to make the chai, the better. Turn down the heat and put a little under half the amount of water with milk. Add sugar and/or vanilla. Make it boil again and turn down one more time. Let it stand like 15 minutes more.
 
Enjoy your chai. I'm drinking it right now. I like it spicy, so I put a lot of ginger!
 
Namaste'.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar