Translate

lørdag 30. mars 2013

'Theese things you can never learn in books!'



The Guru Ji I did my teacher training (and more) with, is an Aghori Sadhu. He told me one time to buy 'Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha' by Swami Satyananda Saraswati. Also just called 'the orange book', in Goan beaches. This is a good and simple book, that shows the asanas with pros and cons, and some other useful information about body and mind.

I just love 'The Butterfly Bookstore' in Palolem. I go there all the time to look at the books. Ever since I was like 13 years old, I went to the library in Norway and read everything I could find about Witchcraft. In 2009 when I met an Aghori Sadhu that theaches Kundalini Yoga, I was amazed with the similarities. So I wanted to read all about it, even though my teacher supplied me with good information and showed me a lot of things.


When I was about to finish my teacher training in 2010, I asked him if I should buy any more books. This Guru is a really strickt man some times, intimidating to many, very tall and white sadhu clothing. He was thundering out loud; 'DON'T READ TOO MANY BOOKS, THEESE THINGS YOU CAN NEVER LEARN IN BOOKS!'

Well, sometimes he's right, and sometimes he's wrong. I guess he's right about this really. This acient knowlege is being handed down from human to human. I really think it's quite amazing, and I hope it gets to stay that way. Even though I still find some really cool books sometimes of course, and send them home to keep and enjoy.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar